Sunday, May 19, 2013

GLOBAL VILLAGE - DUBAI

 
 
 
 
 
One of Dubai's must visit expos!  I have lived here three years and only experienced Global Village a month ago!  I think the thought of crowds, flea market trinkets, and boiling hot temperatures kept me away.  Boy, was I wrong!
 
Global Village is a huge expo- a shopping extravaganza.  It hosts over 38 different countries and their cultural artifacts for pleasure and sale.  Countries participating range from  Egypt, Afghanistan, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Russia, to the Philippians, Thailand, China, and Pakistan.  All have items to sell- custom tapestries, local painters, jewelry, pottery, wooden carvings, carpets, traditional dress, embroideries, perfumes and traditional fresh baked foods.  It is overwhelming to the senses, but all worth it!
We travelled out here to Dubai land with my mom on her last night in the UAE.  It was so fun!  We seriously shopped until we dropped, well at least until the kids dropped! 
 
 
Map of the expo.


 
Morocco Pavilion.



 
Egyptian rugs and tapestries.




 
Pomegranate juice stand from Turkey.




 
Turkey








 
Egypt




 
Afghanistan - why didn't I buy like ten of these dresses?





 
Oman

 
Can't beat these acrobatics!
 

 
Turkish lights- my favorite item of the night.



 
Fine dinning ;)- Farooj!  Quin's favorite!



 
Bought one of these- original art from Lebanon.
Open from October through April.  Can't wait to go back!  I've got my list of things to buy ready!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment